• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snewguy
    Practice Squad
    • Dec 2013

Adrian Petersen would be great here.

Contrary to the bashing, he's got lots left. If you saw the Viking run offense, when AP got the ball, no one can evade 3 guys right in front of him. 2 yard average all on his own. Then I watch the Cowboys and see Elliot run 5 yards at a time before a body comes close to hitting him. No wonder he wanted to go to the Boys or to any team with a decent O line and a contender.

He would be great here, no disrespect to who we have, but AP is a game breaker, still is, just needs a hole to run through. Good pass blocker and he's still got the power and is a good receiver. People who think we could have won with just defence and a QB game manager were wrong.

Just my opinion. And since its likely Raiders Us and a couple other teams, he will play for a fraction of what he's likely asking. He will be worth it.
  • broncolee
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2007

Peterson would be horrible in Denver.

We don't even know if the Broncos offensive line will be any better than the Vikings offensive line.

Word is, he wants too much money anyway.
    Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Bterres105
      Special Teams
      • Oct 2014

Peterson is actually a pretty terrible receiver.

Comment

• Greedy24
        Practice Squad
        • Mar 2012

He can catch the ball.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
          The ArchAngel
          • Jan 2009

You mention the Cowboys and Zeke like the Broncos OL is on that level. Our OL probably isn't any better than the Vikes.

So why would Peterson fair better here, than he did last season in Sota?

Right now the new editions to the OL, coaching changes, etc. Means the team is unknown, but by no means can this team be compared to the Cowboys OL, which is considered one of, if not the best in the league.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• JJGBPD
            Bench Warmer
            • May 2010

Nobody knows what AP has left in the tank or he will bounce back from another surgery. I'd love to take the chance if we had the money, but all we really have left for free agency is the 10-14 million they are presumably stashing for Romo. Our FA moves are probably done. Hopefully we have a trade up or sleeve for an OT so we aren't handcuffed by need in the draft.
            sigpic

Bronco fan for 31 years!!!!

Comment

• Bterres105
              Special Teams
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Greedy24 View Post
              He can catch the ball.
              He can, but he also has close to a 15% drop rate as per PFF.
              Last edited by Bterres105; 03-19-2017, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• XterraRob
                Bench Warmer
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
                He can, but he also has close to a 15% drop rate as per PFF.
                Would help take the heat off DT lol
                I believe.

Comment

• haciendadad
                  Starter
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JJGBPD View Post
                  Nobody knows what AP has left in the tank or he will bounce back from another surgery. I'd love to take the chance if we had the money, but all we really have left for free agency is the 10-14 million they are presumably stashing for Romo. Our FA moves are probably done. Hopefully we have a trade up or sleeve for an OT so we aren't handcuffed by need in the draft.
                  They'd be better off stashing if for Joe Thomas instead of Romo!
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• Strip Sacked
                    Banned User
                    • Dec 2015

Yuck

/thread

Comment

• Brakshow
                      Bringing back the crush!
                      • Oct 2007

With the OL we have, AP isn't going to do jack here. Our best bet to have any luck in the running game is to have CJ catch a lot of short passes, or get another talent that can rush and spread the field if need be. We don't even have a left tackle, and AP is a power rusher who relies on holes being opened for him to thread the needle. There's just no way the money we pay for him would be any where near the production we'd get in return.
                      sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                      Sig by: MHS

Comment

• NVthosebroncos
                        Banned User
                        • Dec 2009

Our RT and LT is our problem. AP wouldn't be bad here because we will have a decent interior line. However I vote no. Draft is filled with quality RBs

Comment

• -Rod-
                          #TeamBroncos
                          • Mar 2008

I think it's crazy that Adrian Peterson remains unsigned. Even average RBs like Eddie Lacy and Latavius Murray already have new teams. Peterson was arguably a top-5 player in the NFL less than a year ago, voted #5 in the Top 100.

I also don't think the Broncos o-line would be a problem because the Vikings haven't had a great o-line. Peterson can create big plays on his own. He ran for 1,485 yards in 2015. Look at his o-line that season: Matt Kalil and T.J. Clemmings at OT; both are mediocre players. His OGs were Brandon Fusco and Mike Harris, who have been cut and are still unsigned free agents.

Peterson would bring a needed attitude to the offense and he has leadership qualities. CJ Anderson can't stay healthy and he's making $4.5 million this season. Perhaps the reason why Peterson is not being considered is because the Broncos want to feature Anderson. They are RBs that don't play on special teams, but Hillman also didn't and used to be the #2 RB. So, it's possible to have both Anderson and Peterson active on game day.

I won't doubt AP anymore after what he did in 2012.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Greedy24
                            Practice Squad
                            • Mar 2012

I think ap would be good for simien. It's too easy to attack a young qb that's still learning. A left tackle like Thomas would be nice but that still doesn't slow things down for simien they'll still blitz him and attack when he's only got a few options play action don't work with cj no respect. Defences know what dt does and what Sanders does what can simien really check too he needs options. We need more legit weapons Howard or mccaffrey someone like Samuel.

Comment

• snewguy
                              Practice Squad
                              • Dec 2013

there is not a team that game plans to stop CJ. all the vikes had is AP. i think he still has a lot left and our O line is not great but much better than vikes. if anything, he opens up the passing game. i'd take him over eddie lacey and murray anyday. Cost is another topic but he won't get more than 3-4 mil and i'd be all over that. Is Romo worth his ask if our O line is as bad as you guys say? he wouldn't last 4 games.

not meant to trash zeke, but demarco murray proved its the Boys O line. just my opinion. Next to Barry Sanders, the best ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X