• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andyy_47
    Best in the World.
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by pozbaird View Post
    ...except Celtic's. How many has Boyd scored against Celtic again?

How many times have Celtic fans gotten excited when Boyd has been left out the team and then gotten beaten thanks to someone as random as Kenny Miller scoring a double? Twice in two seasons. Love it

Raging about the game being called off today, we needed to have a 13 point cushion when Celtic kicked off today!

Comment

• pozbaird
      Captain
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post

How many times have Celtic fans gotten excited when Boyd has been left out the team and then gotten beaten thanks to someone as random as Kenny Miller scoring a double? Twice in two seasons. Love it

Raging about the game being called off today, we needed to have a 13 point cushion when Celtic kicked off today!
      You should be a politician. Answer the question old chap! How many goals has Kris Boyd scored against Celtic? :thumb:

PS. We got a 1-1 draw at Kilmarnock today - hurrah for us.... well, at least we never lost.
      Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

Comment

• Andyy_47
        Best in the World.
        • Sep 2008

You should be a politician. Answer the question old chap! How many goals has Kris Boyd scored against Celtic? :thumb:

PS. We got a 1-1 draw at Kilmarnock today - hurrah for us.... well, at least we never lost.
        I anwered, 1.

Comment

• pozbaird
          Captain
          • Oct 2009

I anwered, 1.

I reckon that's 1 more than our entire team have scored against them in the last 5 years.

Comment

• Andyy_47
            Best in the World.
            • Sep 2008

I reckon that's 1 more than our entire team have scored against them in the last 5 years.
            It's a conspiracy! Could be worse, could have Jim Jeffries as manager, his teams lie down to Celtic every year.

What do you think of the Scotland squad, Boyd's retrurn! Big Lee on form coming back to the squad, I can't wait, my tickets came through today

Comment

• pozbaird
              Captain
              • Oct 2009

It's a conspiracy! Could be worse, could have Jim Jeffries as manager, his teams lie down to Celtic every year.

What do you think of the Scotland squad, Boyd's retrurn! Big Lee on form coming back to the squad, I can't wait, my tickets came through today

I think Levein is right to draw a line under anything that has went before, and to give himself a fighting chance, he needs to be able to pick the players he wants. He'd do even better if the likes of McGeady and McCarthy stopped playing at Plastic Paddies, but that's a WHOLE different story.

I'm more interested in seeing our new Adidas kit than the squad to be honest. I wish Levein and Scotland well naturally, but I'm more interested in St Mirren and the desperate financial state of Scottish football in general to be honest. Seems to me that our professional game is on a knife-edge and clubs could actually fold, whereas before they would get into trouble, but always found a way to bail themselves out. It could be a deck of cards - if one club goes under....

My own club are debt-free, in a new stadium, have a new training ground, and are in a cup final - but no-one is interested in buying out our current board of directors and taking us on. If the likes of Kilmarnock get relegated this season? They could be the first to actually disappear.

Putting all of this into context - Levein's Scotland squad doesn't overly concern me.

Comment

• Andyy_47
                Best in the World.
                • Sep 2008

I think Levein is right to draw a line under anything that has went before, and to give himself a fighting chance, he needs to be able to pick the players he wants. He'd do even better if the likes of McGeady and McCarthy stopped playing at Plastic Paddies, but that's a WHOLE different story.

I'm more interested in seeing our new Adidas kit than the squad to be honest. I wish Levein and Scotland well naturally, but I'm more interested in St Mirren and the desperate financial state of Scottish football in general to be honest. Seems to me that our professional game is on a knife-edge and clubs could actually fold, whereas before they would get into trouble, but always found a way to bail themselves out. It could be a deck of cards - if one club goes under....

My own club are debt-free, in a new stadium, have a new training ground, and are in a cup final - but no-one is interested in buying out our current board of directors and taking us on. If the likes of Kilmarnock get relegated this season? They could be the first to actually disappear.

Putting all of this into context - Levein's Scotland squad doesn't overly concern me.
                When is the new kit out?

Yeah, it's really bad right now, and there's no light on the horizon, even at the top, its a £3 million kitty, with £10 in the champions league, as of next year, neither old firm team will qualify. I guarantee it.

Are St. Mirren in europe due to this cup final btw? I know the Scottish FA Cup gives that. I just remember there being 5-6 teams in Europe from Scotland, RAngers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Falkirk.

Comment

• pozbaird
                  Captain
                  • Oct 2009

When is the new kit out?

Yeah, it's really bad right now, and there's no light on the horizon, even at the top, its a £3 million kitty, with £10 in the champions league, as of next year, neither old firm team will qualify. I guarantee it.

Are St. Mirren in europe due to this cup final btw? I know the Scottish FA Cup gives that. I just remember there being 5-6 teams in Europe from Scotland, RAngers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Falkirk.

Scotland's new Adidas kit is revealed on March 1st, and will be worn for the first time on March 3rd against the Czech Republic.

There's no European place for the League Cup winner - that stopped about 4 seasons ago, with the place going to finishing 4th in the SPL.

Comment

• milehighireland
                    Special Teams
                    • Feb 2009

This thread was needed ...

Huge Manchester United fan here, i go over to a couple of games in Old Trafford a year now...Like a lot of other United fans, I'm really worried about the state of the club thanks to the Glazers' meddling and greed... It scares me that the single largest sporting entity in the world is saddled with huge debt because of their greed...

I'd only casually follow the Spl but id be up for Celtic there, what with being Irish and all... Despite that, i do respect Rangers as a club, even though i dont agree with the actions of some of their fans...I hate Liverpool with a passion and i don't exactly like Real Madrid either lol..
                    Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Comment

• pozbaird
                      Captain
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by milehighireland View Post
                      This thread was needed ...

Huge Manchester United fan here, i go over to a couple of games in Old Trafford a year now...Like a lot of other United fans, I'm really worried about the state of the club thanks to the Glazers' meddling and greed... It scares me that the single largest sporting entity in the world is saddled with huge debt because of their greed...

I'd only casually follow the Spl but id be up for Celtic there, what with being Irish and all... Despite that, i do respect Rangers as a club, even though i dont agree with the actions of some of their fans...I hate Liverpool with a passion and i don't exactly like Real Madrid either lol..

What's happening with Cork City over there? I read that they could fold completely. Sounds pretty drastic when you see the debt levels of English and Scottish clubs who always seem to dodge the bullet and play the administration joker card instead - shaft all their creditors, lay off some staff, then bounce back under a new owner all whiter-than-white and shiny clean, ready to run up unsustainable debts all over again.

Rant over.

Comment

• milehighireland
                        Special Teams
                        • Feb 2009

What's happening with Cork City over there? I read that they could fold completely. Sounds pretty drastic when you see the debt levels of English and Scottish clubs who always seem to dodge the bullet and play the administration joker card instead - shaft all their creditors, lay off some staff, then bounce back under a new owner all whiter-than-white and shiny clean, ready to run up unsustainable debts all over again.

Rant over.
                        They've been in trouble for quite a while already, i think they've already gone into administration a good while back too... you see, that trick works over in England and Scotland and not here because the eircom league is a bit of a joke at the best of times... If they go, they'll be like the 3rd or 4th team to fold in the last few years... Kilkenny and Dublin city did and shelbourne just about survived..
                        Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Comment

• pozbaird
                          Captain
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by milehighireland View Post
                          They've been in trouble for quite a while already, i think they've already gone into administration a good while back too... you see, that trick works over in England and Scotland and not here because the eircom league is a bit of a joke at the best of times... If they go, they'll be like the 3rd or 4th team to fold in the last few years... Kilkenny and Dublin city did and shelbourne just about survived..

Our SPL is the biggest joke - look at Motherwell's pitch, clubs in a cold Northern European country whose undersoil heating never seems to work, who have several clubs teetering on the brink of administration, and have Rangers being run by Lloyds TSB, and a league, who, in these economic times allow a tuppeny' ha'penny club like Hamilton Academical to charge punters £22 for a midweek match in winter, played between two poor teams, on a poor playing surface, in a two-sided crap stadium in a totally crap town.

If you want a sick footballing joke - look no further than Scotland's SPL.

Comment

• Andyy_47
                            Best in the World.
                            • Sep 2008

Our SPL is the biggest joke - look at Motherwell's pitch, clubs in a cold Northern European country whose undersoil heating never seems to work, who have several clubs teetering on the brink of administration, and have Rangers being run by Lloyds TSB, and a league, who, in these economic times allow a tuppeny' ha'penny club like Hamilton Academical to charge punters £22 for a midweek match in winter, played between two poor teams, on a poor playing surface, in a two-sided crap stadium in a totally crap town.

If you want a sick footballing joke - look no further than Scotland's SPL.
                            Your probably SICK of me talking about them, but the whole UEFA Cup final Fiasco with Rangers having to play 4 games in 11 days was a discgrace, I remember the hoots of laughter from the Russian and German leagues over that.

Financially it's only going to get worse after both the 1st and 2nd place teams (whoever they may be) can't qualify for the Champions League anymore. They won't.

SPL is a shambles.

Comment

• Andyy_47
                              Best in the World.
                              • Sep 2008

Scotland's new Adidas kit is revealed on March 1st, and will be worn for the first time on March 3rd against the Czech Republic.

There's no European place for the League Cup winner - that stopped about 4 seasons ago, with the place going to finishing 4th in the SPL.
                              Matters not, we only get our co-efficient beaten harder when Scottish teams head into europe.

And cheers, I'll need to get me one with "BOYD 9" on the back

Welcome to the thread Milehighireland!

Comment

• milehighireland
                                Special Teams
                                • Feb 2009

Your probably SICK of me talking about them, but the whole UEFA Cup final Fiasco with Rangers having to play 4 games in 11 days was a discgrace, I remember the hoots of laughter from the Russian and German leagues over that.

Financially it's only going to get worse after both the 1st and 2nd place teams (whoever they may be) can't qualify for the Champions League anymore. They won't.

SPL is a shambles.
                                Well basically next year is the end of the SPL participation in the champions league... only the winners in and theyd have to play 2 qualifying rounds, with good teams from Italy, Spain and the 4th place team in the Premiership as possible opponents in the 3rd qualifying round...

SPL is a shambles but the eircom league over here is basically the same, but with even crapper teams and no old firm...

btw, have you been following the knockouts of the champions league? if so, what do you think of them?

Comment

Working...
                                X