• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Red_Label
    Bench Warmer
    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Capt. Jack
    Uh,,,,,
    I think because John Freakin' Elway is an NFL & DENVER BRONCO FOOTBALL GOD !!!!

(UM HELLO)

He's had four years to right the ship. #7 was my football hero before #18. But he doesn't get a pass for eternity. Anyone else would be LONG GONE by now. He earned his tenure. But it's about over. Even Pat (John's biggest fan) would be getting concerned by now.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
      Football Immortal
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
      He's had four years to right the ship. #7 was my football hero before #18. But he doesn't get a pass for eternity. Anyone else would be LONG GONE by now. He earned his tenure. But it's about over. Even Pat (John's biggest fan) would be getting concerned by now.
      Around here, thankfully, Everybody is entitled to there opinion.
      The NFL is entertainment and today's game was entertaining.
      I wish we would have won the game but we didn't.
      I think its a building block game, and we will get better, And JFE and company will right this ship, the "camaraderieship"

Comment

• L.M.
        Vitalstatistix
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        Around here, thankfully, Everybody is entitled to there opinion.
        The NFL is entertainment and today's game was entertaining.
        I wish we would have won the game but we didn't.
        I think its a building block game, and we will get better, And JFE and company will right this ship, the "camaraderieship"

How dare you cite the fundemental reality of the situation! Haven't you read:

We're living in a "dictatorship" ruled with an "iron fist"!! The people must rise up against it! I plan to circle Dove Valley on my mountain bike a couple of times!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Freyaka
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
          When there is 9 seconds to go and you let them convert a 25 yd pass to get into field goal range, naaah, thats totally on the D.
          When you lose by 2 and your qb threw a pick while in my field goal range, na, that's on your qb....

The defense can't do much about the bogus roughing call or getting gifted time on the clock that wasn't there.
          sigpic

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
            Hall of Famer
            • Apr 2009

Good teams find ways to win while bad teams find ways to lose. Looking at this roster they’re not a playoff team, they’re a 6-7 win roster, right now the season is playing out exactly that way.

They’re a young team, and young teams often struggle to win games like this. Yes, this game was heartbreaking, but not a total surprise.

Comment

• Rastic
              Modulated
              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
              How dare you cite the fundemental reality of the situation! Haven't you read:

We're living in a "dictatorship" ruled with an "iron fist"!! The people must rise up against it! I plan to circle Dove Valley on my mountain bike a couple of times!

Comment

• Sam_Z
                Banned User
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Ondavi
                I generally dislike talking about the past, 'cause you can't change it, BUT. . . I believe that the Broncos would have made the playoffs in either of the past two seasons if it weren't for "COACH JOSEPH MUST GOSEPH." No business being an NFL head coach, whatsoever. . . good luck somewhere in Class 5A, er 3A, that is. WHY WAS HE EVER HIRED?!! And now, thanks to television AND BRONCHOS' FANS MONIES, he's "$et for life!"
                Oh but he was such a leader of men that we didn’t even truly consider Kyle Shanahan nor did we even give McVay an interview.

Kind of the same way the FO ignored the fact that Bolles' college teammates despised him.

Our infatuation with his durability and athleticism was enough to overcome all the red flags.

You do know that penalties were never Garrett Bolles fault at Utah right!

Nope The officials were just always out to get him!
                Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-15-2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• bronco30
                  Football Immortal
                  • Nov 2003

I still do not understand that roughing the passer call he hit as he was throwing the ball....just pitiful call

then I thought ok were still going win 4th n 15 n we blow a coverage that bad just hard to watch a team find so many ways to lose a game

Comment

• dizzolve
                    Orange Rush
                    • Mar 2009

I think we should try to put ourselves in Pat Bowlen's shoes. It doesn't matter who is in there. John Elway, Mike Shanahan etc ...... what would Pat do?

I think we know the answer to that question. He'd do what's right for the team. Not any one person. Now it might be in the team's best interest to keep John Elway around for another year I don't know.

Shanny's 2 SB's didn't keep him from being let go. And I'll forever be pissed at Joe Ellis for stopping the Shanny rehire ........

I love Elway. He's the reason I became a Bronco fan. But, and it's scary now without Bowlen. Are we to just trust that Joe Ellis can fix the GM position? Maybe he can again - I dunno. But still sour about the Shanny rehire block

Now granted Noah Fant is a rookie, but I'm seeing a lot of mistakes and to be honest I'm seeing a guy who looks a bit uninterested and unmotivated at times. Yes it's still early. But benefit of the doubt is earned

Ryan Ramscheck (not even trying to spell it right) was in our laps and he drafted Bolles ......... why
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• bronco30
                      Football Immortal
                      • Nov 2003

I still do not understand that roughing the passer call he hit as he was throwing the ball....just pitiful call

then I thought ok were still going win 4th n 15 n we blow a coverage that bad just hard to watch a team find so many ways to lose a game

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                        Football Immortal
                        • Oct 2010

I think the quote of the day should be "The Bears are who we thought they were, and that's why we took the damn field, if you want to crown them then crown there acts, but they are who we thought they where, and we let them off the hook!!!!

Comment

• Margaritaville
                          Bench Warmer
                          • Jan 2012

Well after last weeks loss to the Raiders I remained "cautiously optimistic" about this week and the season. So now we are 0-2 for the first time since 1999 and ironically we could realistically be 2-0 right now, however that would still not make us a very good team. At this point, I would be surprised if we are even an 8-8 team this season. Since Super Bowl 50, the Broncos are now 20-30, that folks is .400 football over 3+ seasons.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                            Banned User
                            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                            When there is 9 seconds to go and you let them convert a 25 yd pass to get into field goal range, naaah, thats totally on the D.
                            It’s not totally on the defense. There was 59:51 of football before that 25 yard pass. This isn’t only about Flacco, although he played a role in the loss (INT on the previous drive). Bolles and Leary had 6 holding penalties. The offense can’t have that many penalties and expect to win a game regardless of what happened on the last few plays of the game. The offense moved the ball but simply execute with consistency. The defense let down in the last 30 seconds but that was another putrid game for the offense as a whole.

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                              Traveling Mod
                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              When you lose by 2 and your qb threw a pick while in my field goal range, na, that's on your qb....

The defense can't do much about the bogus roughing call or getting gifted time on the clock that wasn't there.
                              True dat that the qb threw an interception while in field goal range . Also true that the D cant do anything about the bogus penalty call. Personally I thought there was 1 second left when he was already down, but thats just my opinion after looking at replays. With all that said. .....

That same offense and QB drove down and made a touch down and then a 2 pt conversion to put us in the lead with less than a minute to go. At that point it was our game to lose. Our D, with the lead on the last possible play from scrimmage ( other than a kick) knowing that it had to be a longer completed pass and having every advantage in that situation managed to pull a defeat from the jaws of victory after letting them complete a 25 yd pass. That was shades of Rahim Moore/Chris Carter after Manning and company gave us the late lead. That was a true choke job by the D when they were put in a situation that only if the choked it away would we lose.

While the offense didn't play the greatest all day, we had the lead in a virtual impossible situation for them to come back and beat us with that field position and time on the clock and the D found a way to give it away at the last moment.

That was TOTALLY ON THE D AT THAT MOMENT IMO.
                              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                                Traveling Mod
                                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by bronco30 View Post

It is certainly disheartening
                                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                                X